I love, love, love being a part of this Celebrating Adoption organization! To help them celebrate their often long journey with family portraits is awesome. Mom brought some pretty cool things for ‘L’ to play with which is always a plus. Sometimes I’ll bring a prop, but it’s always more fun and meaningful when it’s yours and not mine. Heather and Jason, thanks for giving me the joy of photographing you! Here is a little taste of what’s to come.
I would really rather be outside today. I’d rather take my youngest to the park or for a bike ride. Instead I’m stuck at home waiting for the delivery man. He’s still not here. So to pass the time here are ten things about myself that you might find interesting.
1. I need a 4 foot radius of personal space around me. I get freaked out when people get within inches of my face just to talk.
2. I’m addicted to diet coke.
3. I loathe pink walls. Makes me think of Pepto Bismol.
4. I once jumped out of the shower to get my UPS package and forgot my hair was covered in suds.
5. I desperately want to use my talent for photography on missions, but just haven’t quite figured that one out yet.
6. Really Really want to do the Amazing Race show.
7. Have tons of patience with children, but very little with adults.
8. I am a work in progress, but wish God would work faster on me.
9. I sometimes find it hard to be a Christian in the arts.
10. I am the same in person as I am on facebook.
REMINDER: tomorrow at midnight is your deadline to nominate a deserving single parent. Find all the details HERE.
I used to think I loved the wintertime. I used to love seeing the snow. Don’t get me wrong, I still think snow is beautiful and wondrous, but I’m tired of the cold. I want spring already. I know I’m complaining, but the thought of green grass, blue skies, water-parks and ice-pops make me smile.
In honor of Spring I’m going give a FREE 8×10 print ($50 value) to the next 3 clients to schedule their spring session. (offer can not be combined with any other discounts.)
I’ll be blogging about the Single Parent Contest in the next few days. Not only will this year’s winner get an amazing package from us, but I’ve gone a bit farther this year to include something else. I will reveal that in the next blog so stay tuned.
What’s a blog without a picture??
A few months back I was asked to photograph the winner of Motherlode’s smile makeover winner, Savanah. It’s been a long time waiting, but today was her big debut! Dr. Ann Hubbs of LifeStyle Dentistry gave Savanah a complete smile makeover that is absolutely AmAzInG! As if that couldn’t get any better she was also treated to a hair and makeup session this morning with Meghan at ‘About You Salon and Spa’ in Springdale.
Savanah, you look GREAT! Enjoy that beautiful smile.
Til next time,